Fire Damage Cleanup in Cincinnati
Going through a fire is a scary and traumatic situation to face. Making sure that every one around you is safe is the biggest concern. Once you make sure everyone is safe it is time to think about recovery. Fire and Smoke create a unique set of issues that you have to address when dealing with recovery of your assets and home. If you take the wrong actions you may lose everything in your home and if you take the right steps items that seem destroyed can actually be salvaged.
The process of recovering from a fire or smoke damage can be overwhelming. That is where ServiceMaster Advanced Clean of Cincinnati can help.
What the fire doesn’t touch, smoke and soot can destroy, and the gallons and gallons of water it takes to put out a fire can cause as much damage as the fire itself. A fast response is necessary in order to mitigate the damage that acidic soot and dirty water can have on a structure after a fire.
The Fire is not the only concern
Most of the material used in building homes and furniture these days are synthetic. When your home catches fire the various items that are burned create a variety of chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to not salvageable.
A few Quick Fire Salvage Tips:
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if wet. A short-circuit could result.
- Wipe the leaves of houseplants clean to remove smoke and soot residue.
- Place cheesecloth over intake and exit hot air registers to capture any loose soot in the air. Damp cheesecloth is better.
- Remember to Keep your hands clean. When you get Soot on your hands it can transfer to upholstery, walls, and woodwork causing even more damage.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, clean out freezer and refrigerator and leave doors propped open, or place charcoal in unit.
- Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
- Change air filters on forced hot air furnaces.
Our approach for dealing with Fire Damage
Assess the fire and smoke damage:
Understanding the needs of the insurance company to insure they get what they need quickly and with the most accuracy is one of the more important parts of the process. Assessing the damage, taking the appropriate photos and creating a plan of action will help the insurance company to take action quickly and restore your family back to its former life. ServiceMaster Clean of Cincinnati has highly trained staff to assist all your needs.
Board up Services and Hazardous situations:
Fires typically create damage to the building structure through broken windows to holes in the walls. It is important to cover these openings to minimize further damage from vandalism or other weather elements. We offer board up services 24/7 to address these issues. Electrical issues typically need to be addresses after a Fire. Our primary goal from the first moment of arrival is to make sure the area is FREE of hazardous issues so the cleanup process can begin without any fear of injury.
Documenting items impacted:
It is important to identify which items have been affected by the fire. Knowing which items can be restored and what is not salvageable is important to understand. Our extensive experience is invaluable in assisting with this phase and understanding the needs of the insurance company during the process.
Removal of fire and smoke odor requires special chemicals, cleaners, systems and equipment employed by highly trained and experienced professionals. ServiceMaster of Cincinnati utilizes the latest and best technology to assist. From Ozone to hydroxyl units, we have the equipment required to serve your needs.
After the fire, smoke and water damage have occurred, it is necessary to treat the surfaces affected. If the surfaces are left untreated corrosion can occur and cause further damage to the surfaces and items in your home. Surface and items that can erode from the corrosive substance left behind include: walls, electronics, building materials, finishes, fabrics, and things of the like. Since fire, smoke, soot and water damage can cause corrosive etching within a 72 hour time period we must act quickly. It is imperative to clean Formica, chrome. porcelain and aluminum fixtures as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, in many instances fires require substantial structural restoration to return a home to the pre-fire condition. ServiceMaster Advanced Clean is equipped to assist you through this entire process.
- Restoration involves multiple activities for different items:
- Carpet and Furniture – Need to be cleaned and deodorized.
- Cabinets, Ceilings, Walls and Floors may all require appropriate cleaning, polishing and corrosion protection.
- It is common for soft goods (such as clothing, curtains and draperies) to require special professional cleaning.
We will work with your insurance company to handle loss claims and the cleanup and restoration process so that you can get back on your feet. Whether it is a small house fire or a large business fire we can handle the cleanup.