Mold Remediation Services in Cincinnati
Mold and mold spores are naturally present in the outdoor environment all around us.
However, indoor mold growth can become a tenacious problem. Mold spreads rapidly and produces an unpleasant musty odor. If allowed to grow unresolved, mold can cause discoloration and structural damage to building materials. A significant amount of mold can impact indoor air quality and can be difficult and costly to remove. To prevent the spread of mold it is important to react quickly in the event of a water loss.
Mold needs certain things in order to grow and colonize.
- Organic food source-anything that is from nature, such as wood, plant products such as paper or cardboard, and even soil.
Moisture or A higher than normal moisture content.
- Introduce these conditions and mold will begin to colonize very quickly, some species within12-24 hours. The good news is, take away one or both of these growth necessities and mold will not grow.
The dangers of mold growth:
- Heath & Respiratory issues: Some species of mold are extremely toxic and can cause serious and permanent health problems.
- Structural Deterioration: Our businesses are filled with organic food sources for mold to grow on. Wood, drywall, natural fibers in clothing, carpet and upholstery, paper and cardboard. Since mold feeds off of organic food sources. The materials are made week as they are consumed by mold. Left un-attended, mold will completely ruin the structural integrity of your home.
Some mold facts:
- Only 25% of mold spores are viable. In other words, when you see mold, that represents only 25% of the mold spores present in the structure.
- 30 MILLION mold spores can fit on the head of a push pin.
- Mold spores are transported primarily through air movement.
At ServiceMaster Clean, we are trained and certified by the IICRC in mold remediation techniques. We are equipped and trained to properly address and correct mold damage in your business. We use proper containment, critical control barriers and negative pressure to insure that the areas we are working in do not allow for cross contamination to non contaminated areas of the structure. We insure that mold levels are returned to a safe level and that the condition of the structure is such that it will not support mold growth when remediation is complete.
- Testing and air sampling to establish spore levels and species.*
- Inspect the structure for source of moisture
- Inform property owner of corrections needed to stop moisture problems
- Erect critical barriers, decontamination chambers
- Place affected areas under negative pressure
- Dry wet structural materials
- Mitigate mold damage according to IICRC standards
- Clearance testing*